Code Review: a framework for writing IRC applications or bots

M

Max Countryman

Hi all,

I'm still very much a learner when it comes to Python but I've been working on a little framework the past few weeks to help me in the learning process and I would like it if the more experienced members of the community could give me some advice on the design considerations and general quality of the code.

The goal was to create a framework for writing IRC applications or bots. I modeled the API after Flask. It was important to me that I include a number of features: such as automatic on-the-fly reloading, threaded plugins, and the ability to reconnect to a network should the connection be lost.

I'd really appreciate any feedback, tips, advice, and so forth. Please understand this isn't necessarily meant to be a utility of high value: IRC isn't exactly the most happening place after all and my main goal was to hone my skills so if your reaction is that this is essentially useless that wasn't necessarily my goal. Nonetheless I really would appreciate any kind of code review the community might be willing to provide.

The project is available here: https://github.com/maxcountryman/irctk

Thanks for your time!

Max

Ask a Question