    http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html

    Cheers,
    Trent

    Trent Mick, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Hi,

    I am fairily new to Python, but I am really liking what I am seeing. My team
    is going to re-design some automation projects, and we were going to use
    Python as our programming language. One of the things we would like to do,
    since we are all new to the language, is to define a set of guidelines and
    best practices as our coding standards.

    Does anyone know where I can get some information about what the community
    is doing? Are there any well defined guidelines established?

    Thanks,

    --
    Isaac Rodriguez
    SWE Autodesk.

    Isaac Rodriguez, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Trent Mick

    Terry Reedy Guest

    Besides PEP8, there is also the library code itself. When reading that
    though, keep in mind that different modules were written by different
    people at different times. Some were written before PEP8.

    TJR
    ]

    Terry Reedy, Apr 27, 2005
  4. and you may also be interested by a tool such as pylint[1] which help to
    enforce coding standards on your code base. Most of the styles suggested
    in pep 8 are checked by pylint, using its default configuration.

    [1] http://www.logilab.org/projects/pylint/

    Sylvain Thenault, Apr 27, 2005