Colours with <span>?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004

  2. For example on the page
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sicilien.html
    there are several words which I wrote in different colours.
    Yet as far as I understand from what I have probably previously read in
    this NG, it is good to use colours consequently and try to convey a certain
    meaning by colours. Besides I am trying to change the design of that page,
    above all the menu.
    So, now I have the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.html where
    I am trying to do that and I am wondering whether I should use <scan> to use
    for example a certain colour for all the provinces, another colour for the
    mountains and so on.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004

  3. That's a preferred method, yes.

    here</span>
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_span.asp

    You can also use different ways to specify the color:

    color: green
    color: #008000
    color: rgb(0,128,0)

    If you get my drift.
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colors.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colorsfull.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

    Kim André Akerø, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Paul Furman Guest

    But those are links so why use span when you've already got an <a> tag
    on it?

    Also from what I learned here it's best to do the second of the
    following examples:

    You can also read the name of all these towns *here*

    You can also *read the name of all these towns*

    Paul Furman, Feb 19, 2004
  5. I meant on the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sicilien.html ,
    sorry. Some towns are also shown as text.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero

    wusavekeva

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    HEX RGB Color
    You can also use different ways to specify the color:
    #000000 rgb(0,0,0) Black
    #808080 rgb(128,128,128) Gray
    #FFFFFF rgb(255,255,255) White

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2019