colspan and rowspan problems

Bruce W...1

Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows in
a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using rowspan
everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they should.

Thanks for your help.

Sid Ismail

: Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows in
: a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
: problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using rowspan
: everything goes to hell in a handbasket.
:
: My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they should.

Never seen IE render rowspans differently. URL?

Sid

Jerry Perkins

Bruce said:
Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows
in
a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using
rowspan everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they
should.

Thanks for your help.

I use both rowspan and colspan and have not had any problem when
checking the code on 5 diffent browsers.
Then I saw my page on someones Microsoft Internet Explorer. This
was on a system that was less than one year old. The colspan would
not work. They need to fix it.
I also noted other very basic items that Microsoft Internet
Explorer did not do right. I just do not recomend using it.