common problem without explanation

gbs

Many people have posted my problem, but, I have not found any real
solutions. Can you help?

Problem: use gdb to debug a C/C++ program with an embedded JVM.

Java allows SIGSEGV to happen as part of it's normal processing, e.g.,
for Garbage Collection. The JVM handles this signal and recovers
without any problems.

However, when running a C/C++ program that instantiates a JVM under
gdb, gdb sees these JVM SIGSEGV's and terminates the program.

So, how, or is it possible, to debug the C/C++ code with an embedded
JVM?

Thanks

Greg Silverman
Senior Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman
San Jose, CA

Alex Hunsley

gbs said:
Many people have posted my problem, but, I have not found any real
solutions. Can you help?

The problem aside, I notice that your subject line - "common problem
without explanation" - is without explanation as well! You may get more
people reading your post if you actually put a problem description in
the subject line, for example "debugging JNI embedded java using gdb".
The subject line you used - "common problem without explanation" - is
meaningless, and does not attract people to read it.

HTH,
alex