Compilation speed

Guest

Something in our solution has slowed the build of our asp.net website down to
several minutes.
Its not very big and should be a lot faster when comparing it to other web
projects.
From the command line is there any way of seeing more debug information to
try and track down where the problem lies?

Guest

msbuild is the comamnd line tool; use:

msbuild myproj.sln /consoleloggerparameter:performanceSummary

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Thanks. I'm not really sure what to look for in the summary, but nothing
struck me as unusual.
It is the web project part of the solution that is taking longest to compile.
I have copied the compilation command that MSBuild uses:
aspnet_compiler.exe -v /wwwroot -p wwwroot\ -u -f -d -fixednames
PrecompiledWeb\wwwroot\
But this command does not list what it is doing, just sits there for
5minutes before finishing.
Can I somehow get interactive information from it to list what bit is taking
the time so I can separate it out into a separate dll or something?