Compiler Error Message: CS0007

Guest

Every time I navigate to any .aspx file on my computer, I get the error below. According to MSDN this indicates that my CLR is corrupt, but I've re-installed the .NET framework with no help. Also reinstalled VS.NET; still nothing. Any ideas?

Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0007: Unexpected common language runtime initialization error -- 'Class not registered

Source Error

[No relevant source lines

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

This can be caused by permissions issues as well. The first thing I would
try is deleting the process account (ASPNET by default) and then run
aspnet_regiis -i to let it get recreated. If it still doesn't work, I
would download Regmon and Filemon from www.sysinternals.com and get logs to
see where you might be failing.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
ASP.NET
Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Compiler Error Message: CS0007
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 06:21:14 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Every time I navigate to any .aspx file on my computer, I get the error
below. According to MSDN this indicates that my CLR is corrupt, but I've
re-installed the .NET framework with no help. Also reinstalled VS.NET;
still nothing. Any ideas?

Error:
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0007: Unexpected common language runtime
initialization error -- 'Class not registered '

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Sam,

Great. Thanks for the update.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
ASP.NET
Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
From: "=?Utf-8?B?U2FtIEhhcm5hY2s=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Compiler Error Message: CS0007
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:21:05 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

I used the Regmon utility like Jim suggested and found a couple of
registry keys that the ASPNET account was trying to access.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E5CB7A31-7512-11D2-89CE-0080C792E5D8}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0A29FF9E-7F9C-4437-8B11-F424491E3931}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6EB22881-8A19-11D0-81B6-00A0C9231C29}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CB2F6723-AB3A-11d2-9C40-00C04FA30A3E}

After granting READ access for the ASPNET account to these keys everything
seems to be working.

--Sam