Compiling Python 2.7.10 Error

Discussion in 'Python' started by ronbarak, Jul 11, 2015.

  1. ronbarak

    ronbarak

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I want to add Python 2.7 to my Unix.
    I downloaded the sources to the VirtualBox on which the Unix is installed and run

    ./configure --prefix=/usr \
    --enable-shared \
    --with-system-expat \

    without problems.

    However, when I try to run make, it fails on:

    cc –Kpthread–Wl,-Bexport–o python Modules/python.o libpython2.7.a-lsocket –lnsl –lpthread –ldl –lm

    Undefined first referenced
    symbol in file
    _PyInt_FromDev libpython2.7.a(posixmodule.o)
    UX:ld: ERROR:Symbol referencing errors.No output written to python
    ***Error code 1(bu21)
    UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

    I tried to find a solution searching on Google, without much success.

    Can you suggest directions towards a solution?

    Environment:
    • OS Unixware 7.1.4
    • Python 2.7.10

    ronbarak, Jul 11, 2015