Concurrency

Ioannis Vranos

Ioannis said:
A very interesting article on an issue that is around the corner.
Multicore processors:

http://www.gotw.ca/publications/concurrency-ddj.htm

It hasn't to do with existing ISO C++ features, but probably C++ has to
evolve to that direction (as has been mentioned by some others in this
newsgroup already).

Or perhaps the answer to the clock speed problem is what I came across
today:

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/01/23/0239207.shtml?tid=126&tid=1

Very interesting article.

White Wolf

Ioannis said:
A very interesting article on an issue that is around the corner.
Multicore processors:

http://www.gotw.ca/publications/concurrency-ddj.htm

It is probably worth to mention that this revolution (in C++ circles) was
started in Redmond by Andrei Alexandrescu, who has introduced what can/will
be the base for any concurrency capable standard C++: the working memory
model for concurrent (multithreaded) systems.

Ioannis Vranos

White said:
It is probably worth to mention that this revolution (in C++ circles) was
started in Redmond by Andrei Alexandrescu, who has introduced what can/will
be the base for any concurrency capable standard C++: the working memory
model for concurrent (multithreaded) systems.

Or perhaps the answer to the clock speed problem is what I came across a
couple of days ago:

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/01/23/0239207.shtml?tid=126&tid=1