Config files in .war files?

Miguel De Anda

We're working on a web app. that runs on tomcat and we are a bit confused as
to where we should store config files? Is there a standard place for these?
TOMCAT/conf maybe? These config files should be easy to access and change
without having to look into the rest of the code and/or class files.

Marek Lange

Miguel said:
We're working on a web app. that runs on tomcat and we are a bit confused as
to where we should store config files? Is there a standard place for these?
TOMCAT/conf maybe? These config files should be easy to access and change
without having to look into the rest of the code and/or class files.

You can use WEB-INF/classes e.g. However, if you can load the file from
your classpath, this is enough.

-marek

Miguel De Anda

Marek Lange said:
You can use WEB-INF/classes e.g. However, if you can load the file from
your classpath, this is enough.

-marek

But isn't WEB-INF in the war file as well? I want it so another person can
easily modify this file. And possibly, for the application to modify it. (If
the application can modify it, I don't care if a user can manually modify
it, I can just make a little tool to modify it.)