configSource and Intellisense - is it possible?

SeeSharp

..NET 2.0 has a great feature where you can remove certain elements from
your web.config and put them in an external file. For example the
membership element has the configSource attribute and you can set it to
configSource="myconfigs\membership.config".

The only problem is that intellisense does not work in the external
file, presumably because the membership element is no longer in it's
place in the supported config schema (i.e. it is the root node).

So, is it possible to get intellisense working in this scenario?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

None that I know of. My method of setting up these files is to create in the
web.config and then migrate. It saves a lot of headaches. The web.config is
the last place you want typos. While I find Intellisense is a dual edged
sword, as it often hinders in code, it is a definite boon when dealing with
web.config.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA