Configuration Error in web.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by alex444, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. alex444

    alex444 Guest

    I would appreciate any help with the following error. I'd like to mention
    that application works on my Dev server no problems at all but not on the 3d
    party host server (they saying it's coding problem).
    =====================================
    Server Error in '/' Application
    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: The XML file \\path\webroot\web.config could not be
    loaded. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

    Source Error:

    [No relevant source lines]

    Source File: \\path\webroot\web.config Line: 0
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2300
    ======================================

    My web.config file:
    ===================
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="new" value="10" />
    </appSettings>
    <system.web>
    <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false" />
    <customErrors mode="Off" />
    <authentication mode="None" />
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" /> <!-- Allow all users -->
    </authorization>
    <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="windows-1251" />
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    ===================

    alex444, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Is this a shared folder ? Most probably ASPNET worker cannot access the
    folder.

    Tasos Vogiatzoglou, Sep 27, 2005

  3. alex444

    Martin Guest

    Or maybe moved the file web.config so Access Rights arent inherited from
    folder.

    Martin, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Try changing your authentication mode to "Windows"

    Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET], Oct 3, 2005