configuration setting for python server

shanti bhushan

I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
not able to locate the python configuration file.
Please guide me in this respect.

I am using a python web server
This is the code for it

import string,cgi,time
from os import curdir, sep
from BaseHTTPServer import BaseHTTPRequestHandler, HTTPServer
#import pri
class MyHandler(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
def do_GET(self):
try:
if self.path.endswith(".html"):
f = open(curdir + sep + self.path) #self.path has /
test.html
#note that this potentially makes every file on your computer readable
by the internet
self.send_response(200)
self.send_header('Content-type', 'text/html')
self.end_headers()
self.wfile.write(f.read())
f.close()
return
if self.path.endswith(".esp"): #our dynamic content
self.send_response(200)
self.send_header('Content-type', 'text/html')
self.end_headers()
self.wfile.write("hey, today is the" +
str(time.localtime()[7]))
self.wfile.write(" day in the year " +
str(time.localtime()[0]))
return

return

except IOError:
self.send_error(404,'File Not Found: %s' % self.path)

def do_POST(self):
global rootnode
try:
ctype, pdict =
cgi.parse_header(self.headers.getheader('content-type'))
if ctype == 'multipart/form-data':
query=cgi.parse_multipart(self.rfile, pdict)
self.send_response(301)

self.end_headers()
upfilecontent = query.get('upfile')
print "filecontent", upfilecontent[0]
self.wfile.write("<HTML>POST OK.<BR><BR>");
self.wfile.write(upfilecontent[0]);

except :
pass
def main():
try:
server = HTTPServer(('', 80), MyHandler)
print 'started httpserver...'
server.serve_forever()
except KeyboardInterrupt:
print '^C received, shutting down server'
server.socket.close()
if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

sample Configuration file for Apache server

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
# This directive allows us to have apache2's default
start page
# in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the
right place
#RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
</Directory>

I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
not able to locate the python configuration file.
Please guide me in this respect.

David Zaslavsky

I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
not able to locate the python configuration file.
What configuration file? I don't see anything in your code that reads a
configuration file.

:) David

shanti bhushan

What configuration file? I don't see anything in your code that reads a
configuration file.

:) David

like this code
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
# This directive allows us to have apache2's default
start page
# in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the
right place
#RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
</Directory>
for apache we can configure the apache server.
do we have some configuration file for python server??
if yes please tell me which configuration file should be used

shanti bhushan

What configuration file? I don't see anything in your code that reads a
configuration file.

:) David

next thing is i want to know which python server will have this option
of configuration file.

Stephen Hansen

next thing is i want to know which python server will have this option
of configuration file.

Your questions aren't making any sense.

What configuration file? What even *is* a "python server"? What are you
trying to configure or accomplish?

Python is a programming language. It has no configuration (except
certain environment variables).

A "server" can certainly be written in Python. Or a server (Apache, and
the like) can be configured to use Python to serve dynamic content in
various ways (from obsolete, like CGI, to fast cgi, to mod_python, to
the latest fad, mod_wsgi).

More information is required for us to help you.

--

Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai

David Zaslavsky

do we have some configuration file for python server??
No.

As people have explained in reply to your other messages, Python's
BaseHTTPServer does not use any configuration files. If you want a web server
which uses a configuration file, you will need to write the code to read and
parse that configuration file.

:) David