Confused approach to Pyinstaller

Discussion in 'Python' started by darpan6aya, Jun 29, 2013.

  1. darpan6aya

    darpan6aya Guest

    I have a certain GUI program that I built using Python 2.7 and PyQt4.
    I want to convert it into a standalone windows executable.

    I went through the docs for Pyinstaller-2.0 and tried several times but I think that I might be on the wrong approach.

    Here is the structure of my Program.

    [Resources]
    [Hunspell]
    [stylesheets]
    resources.py
    design.py
    main.py

    The first three are folders containing necessary files for the program to run.
    The file main.py imports the other two to run properly.
    What do I do to go towards making the perfect executable?

    P.S. I have also imported PyPi modules. Will they make a difference?

    darpan6aya, Jun 29, 2013