Connecting to an existing web

Jerry Higgins

In Interdev 6.0 you can connect to an existing web. I've
looked through the help and I haven't found a way to do
it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

Kevin Spencer

Hi Jerry,

Your message is confusing at best. Visual Interdev 6.0 is not a toolset for
doing ASP.Net. It is a tool that can be used with ASP 3.0. However, this is
an ASP.Net newsgroup. In addition, Visual Interdev 6.0 is NOT for use with
any .Net applications. So, when you say "I've looked through the help" I
don't know what help you are referring to. Visual Interdev 6.0? Some other
software you've neglected to mention? And when you say "I haven't found a
way to do it" what is "it?" Again, as this is not a Visual Interdev 6.0
newsgroup, I would have to assume that "it" is not referring to connecting
Visual Interdev 6.0 to an existing web site. Or maybe it is?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Jerry Higgins

"It" is referring to a way to connect to an existing web
through Visual Studio.net. I am referring to the help in
Visual Studio.net. I was assuming that since this is
a .NET newsgroup it would be understood the I was
referring to the help in .NET

Kevin Spencer

Well, you do it in VS.Net by creating a new ASP.Net Project, at the location
(URL) you specify on the local web server.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Jerry Higgins

That creates a new project with a new virtual directory.
I am trying to create a new project and connect it to an
existing virtual directory.

Thanks

Dennis Valencia

It seems as though you can't connect to a Virtual Directory on a web
server. Just from my own tests, I can connect to an existing "subweb"
if its set up as a subweb, aka Server Extensions Web, but again not if
its set up as a virtual directory. When creating the project,
unfortunately you don't get that drop down listing all of the subwebs
you can connect to like you did in VS 6.0. In VS.NET you have to type
in the name of the subweb after the server.

-Dennis
ProMaxim Software Engineering