Connecting to internet under proxy

Chema

Hi all.

I have a little script to connect to the internet and download some
files. I developed it in my house (direct connection) and it wordked
properly. But the problem is that in the office (under a proxy) it
doesn't run. My script is like:

import urllib
f=urllib.urlopen(SOME_WEB)
print f.read

I have tried to set the environmet variable
http_proxy="192.168.1.100:2929" and also:

import urllib
proxy={'http','http://192.168.1.100:2929'} and using
f=urllib.urlopen(SOME_WEB, proxy)
print f.read

the error was always the same:

(11001, 'getaddrinfo failed')

Any idea?? The proxy that we use is normally, in some programs I use a
tipical http proxy without authentification without problem.

Thanks in advanced.

Bye

Steve Holden

Chema said:
Hi all.

I have a little script to connect to the internet and download some
files. I developed it in my house (direct connection) and it wordked
properly. But the problem is that in the office (under a proxy) it
doesn't run. My script is like:

import urllib
f=urllib.urlopen(SOME_WEB)
print f.read

I have tried to set the environmet variable
http_proxy="192.168.1.100:2929" and also:

import urllib
proxy={'http','http://192.168.1.100:2929'} and using
f=urllib.urlopen(SOME_WEB, proxy)
print f.read

the error was always the same:

(11001, 'getaddrinfo failed')

Any idea?? The proxy that we use is normally, in some programs I use a
tipical http proxy without authentification without problem.

Thanks in advanced.
sholden@bigboy /c/colinux
$ export http_proxy="http://localhost:37004"

sholden@bigboy /c/colinux
$ python
Python 2.5b2 (trunk:50713, Jul 19 2006, 16:04:09)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special) (gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
Started with C:/Steve/.pythonrc
OK, it works with an environment variable (I saw the access in my
mousehole proxy log). Now in a new shell:

sholden@bigboy ~
$ export | grep http

sholden@bigboy ~
$ python
Python 2.5b2 (trunk:50713, Jul 19 2006, 16:04:09)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special) (gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
Started with C:/Steve/.pythonrc
Yup. that worked too. Maybe it's just because you aren't making proxies
a keyword argument? If I try that (under cygwin) I see:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib.py", line 84, in urlopen
return opener.open(url, data)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib.py", line 192, in open
return getattr(self, name)(url, data)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/urllib.py", line 327, in open_http
h.send(data)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/httplib.py", line 707, in send
self.sock.sendall(str)
File "<string>", line 1, in sendall
TypeError: sendall() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer, not dict

regards
Steve

Schronos

I don't know where is the problem, but I tried the same that you put
and it failed.

I tested it under cygwin, a cmd, linux with 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 python
version. I think taht the problem is my corporate proxy. In this
sentences we use always a http proxy, but perhaps is not the suitable
kind of proxy. :-( I don't know, it is only an idea, 'cause in my other
programs I always use an http proxy and it work properly.

thank's for all.

Chema.