connection pooling

Trevor Hartman

Hi,

Every now and then (once a week maybe), I get this error on my page saying
Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection
from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were
in use and max pool size was reached. I don't know anything about
connection pooling, but could someone give me a suggestion on how to take
care of this? It usually goes away by itself eventually, or I just restart
IIS.

Thanks - Trevor

Swanand Mokashi

Are you using the same user name and password to connect to SQL Server (I
assume) , everytime you connect ?
If not you are NOT using the advantages of connection pooling.

Mark Heimonen

You can receive this error if you forget to close your database connections
when you are done with them. Take a look at Management-->Current
Activity-->Process Info in Enterprise Manager. If you see a lot.
Double-clicking on each activity will tell you the last command that was
run. If you see a lot of activities with the same command listed, search
your code for references to that command. If this is the case, Most likely,
you are forgetting to close the connection somewhere.