Connection reset by peer error.

jr0891

Hi!! i'm programming a web application on java with servlets, and i've
a Connection reset by peer error.

The problem appears when i test the application with a machine
connected to internet througth proxy ( i don't know the proxy
configuration). If i test the application with a machine that connect
directly to internet or with a machine connected directly in the same
lan that application server the problems doesn't appear, and all works
fine.

Someone can help me?? Thanks!!

Daniel Pitts

Hi!! i'm programming a web application on java with servlets, and i've
a Connection reset by peer error.

The problem appears when i test the application with a machine
connected to internet througth proxy ( i don't know the proxy
configuration). If i test the application with a machine that connect
directly to internet or with a machine connected directly in the same
lan that application server the problems doesn't appear, and all works
fine.

Someone can help me?? Thanks!!

You don't give enough information at all. Who's code gives the
connection reset by peer? The server or the client? If its the
server, what application container are you using?

Give us details, and we may be able to help.

jr0891

You don't give enough information at all. Who's code gives the
connection reset by peer? The server or the client? If its the
server, what application container are you using?

Give us details, and we may be able to help.

I'm using tomcat 5, running on port 8085. Connection reset by peer
message only is shown on client side and server logs don't shows
anything about it.

Esmond Pitt

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Probably the proxy is dropping the connection after some timeout.

Your client application does have to cope with this exception as it can
happen any time for a variety of reasons.

Manivannan Palanichamy

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Probably the proxy is dropping the connection after some timeout.

Your client application does have to cope with this exception as it can
happen any time for a variety of reasons.

give the ip of your system and the system you connect to. give the
exception stack trace.