Connection to MS SQL Server 2000

T-u-N-i-X

Hi There,

I'm going to create a desktop application which will connect to a MS
SQL Server 2000 and do some SELECT queries. The problem is that I
can't decide which driver to use.. I'm trying to decide between
Microsoft's JDBC driver and jTDS.. The main problem is, they both
doesn't have "Connection Pooling" which is really essential for me..

By the way, I really can't decide whether I should open and close a
connection each time I need information on the database, or just open
a connection and close it whenever I want like quitting the
application or with a feature of disconnect..