console window not disappearing with py2exe

Matthew K Jensen

In another one of my silly apps, I'm using 'windows=' in the setup
script. I can't get the darn console window do disappear. Since the
said app is going to be used with people that have less-than-average
knowledge in computers, it is imperative that this window goes away. I
tried sys.frozen = "windows_exe" and it doesn't work. I'm not sure
what to do. Please save me!

-Matt K Jensen

Lucas Raab

In your original source file, change the .py file extension to .pyw. The
..pyw extension tells the python exectuable to run without showing the
console. Then remove the "windows" stuff in your setup file.

Larry Bates

Put -windows option on compile line:

python setup.py py2exe --windows

HTH,
Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

Matthew K Jensen

In another one of my silly apps, I'm using 'windows=' in the setup
script. I can't get the darn console window do disappear. Since the
said app is going to be used with people that have less-than-average
knowledge in computers, it is imperative that this window goes away. I
tried sys.frozen = "windows_exe" and it doesn't work. I'm not sure
what to do. Please save me!

-Matt K Jensen

This is emberassing. I'm going to retract this in full because of an
improperly configured setup script. It works now. I don't need anybody
giving me advise on this one. Thanks if anybody read it :)

-Matt K Jensen