Consume Web Services and output to file

etl

I would like to find out whether we can consume the web service and output
it to file. Basically saving it as an xml.
What I am trying to achieve is to read the xml file for later use on other
web pages. It is to reduce the amount of traffic to the database. Does
anyone have sample codes on how to achieve this or point me to the resources
on the net?

Thanks

ET

Simon Hart

You need to create your own overridden SoapExtension class and
SoapExtensionAttribute class, then append the SOAP attribute to the
[WebMethod] attribute.

Lookup SOAP Extensions on MSDN for more information.

Cheers
Simon Hart.