contact book in xml - does anyone know the worldwide standard forthis one?

stapak

I have a common (I guess) problem.
I need to store my address book in format that would be independent on
any e-mail clients - preferably in XML - to work sometimes on raw data.
I tried to find something on the Web, however I did not find anything
than some data converters and no common non-vendor standard.

Does anyone know such XML-based open standard for storing and exchanging
contact/address data?

Regards,

Stan

anonymous

stapak said:
I have a common (I guess) problem.
I need to store my address book in format that would be independent on
any e-mail clients - preferably in XML - to work sometimes on raw data.
I tried to find something on the Web, however I did not find anything
than some data converters and no common non-vendor standard.

Does anyone know such XML-based open standard for storing and exchanging
contact/address data?

Regards,

Stan

I did an addressbook for a customer last year. Based on LDAP, the
Java/LDAP layer returns XML with the Active Directory Fields they
needed. An XSL stylesheet transforms the xml to a nice addressbook on
their web site.