Control embedded in ModalPopup and pass it a parameter

jeffbellus

Hi,

I've been struggling with this....I have a web page (VS 2008) that
contains a modal popup. That modal popup has a panel in it that is a
user control. How can I pass that user control a parameter? I will
be using this control on a few different pages.

It goes like this: A gridview displays results. User clicks gridview
item. Modalpopup displays with details of the item clicked. However,
I can't pass anything into that control.

I am not using any object datasources. All items are populated
manually. Anyone ever encounter this? Thanks.

bruce barker

you control just has to expose some properties. not sure how you planned
on coding it.

there is no postback when you use the modal popup, it just displays its
contents (which where rendered hidden). did you render all the editing
controls for each item in the gridview? are you using an update panel,
for which you must trigge a postback.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

jeffbellus

you control just has to expose some properties. not sure how you planned
on coding it.

there is no postback when you use themodalpopup, it just displays its
contents (which where rendered hidden). did you render all the editing
controls for each item in thegridview? are you using an update panel,
for which you must trigge a postback.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Thanks Bruce. I am using an update panel (update panel is hosting the
gridview, then a seperate update panel outside of that one hosting the
popup) but have not tried the trigger aspect. I am not rendering any
editing on the grid itself (I'm new to this). Does the trigger just
need to postback? And the trigger would be off of the linkbutton
within the grid, true? Where would the parameters come into play? I
will keep playing with it and try what you suggested, but any input
would be greatly appreciated....Thanks again!