Control name attribute changing automatically

BeanoKing

I have this on my aspx form:

<input type="hidden" name="order-input" id="orderinput" value=""
runat="server" />

When the page renders my source now reads:

<input type="hidden" name="orderinput" id="orderinput" value="" />

Why is the name attribute changing? It's causing issues with Amazon
Checkout.

Thanks!

Stan

I have this on my aspx form:

<input type="hidden" name="order-input" id="orderinput" value=""
runat="server" />

When the page renders my source now reads:

<input type="hidden" name="orderinput" id="orderinput" value="" />

Why is the name attribute changing?  It's causing issues with Amazon
Checkout.

Thanks!

Hi

Unless you are doing anything programmatically with the control, try
removing the runat="server" element.

It's probably because the id="orderinput" is being used to generate
the ClientID and using that for the name attribute. If you take out
the runat="server" it will be rendered without modification.

Stan