controlling wmp playlist programatically

shotokan99

ff as my browser i installed the new wmp plugin, and embedded wmp in
on
my page this way:

<object id="mplayer" type="application/x-ms-wmp"
data="Madagascar.avi" width=350 height=220>
<param name="URL" value="Madagascar.avi" />
<param name="Autostart" value="1">
<param name="uiMode" value="none" />
</object>

then i can control it programatically using javascript -
mplayer.controls.stop(),etc.
now my question are:
-does it have a playlist?
-is there a way for me to programatically access the playlist
(javascript)?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

shotokan99 said:
ff as my browser i installed the new wmp plugin, and embedded wmp in
on my page this way:

<object id="mplayer" type="application/x-ms-wmp"
data="Madagascar.avi" width=350 height=220>

Because of the missing CLSID attribute, this should cause a warning or won't
play at all in IE.
<param name="URL" value="Madagascar.avi" />
<param name="Autostart" value="1">
<param name="uiMode" value="none" />
</object>

then i can control it programatically using javascript -
mplayer.controls.stop(),etc.
now my question are:
-does it have a playlist?
-is there a way for me to programatically access the playlist
(javascript)?

The Windows Media Plugin API is well-documented at MSDN. Google is your
friend. [psf 6.1] Whether the WMP plugin for Firefox implements that, is
a different matter, though.

PointedEars

P.S.: Your Shift key appears to be broken.