Conversion from DTD and W3C to Relax NG

McSwell

We have a small (~50 line) DTD and a slightly larger (~300 line) W3C
schema that we need to convert to Relax NG. (And I have a larger W3C
schema that I may some day convert.) I was hoping that there would be
some tools to get us started, but the list at http://relaxng.org/#conversion
is not too promising. The one tool that looks like it would actually
do such a conversion, the Sun RELAX NG Converter, appears to have
disappeared from the world (all the web links are dead). (It
admittedly seems to have been buggy, from what I've read.)

But maybe I'm being lazy; maybe it would be better to do the
conversion by hand, since we need to familiarize ourselves with Relax
NG anyway. And these aren't such large files anyway... So: are there
guides to how to convert? (Nothing obvious showed up in Google.) Or
do we have to just get the two kinds of schemas in our heads, at least
for as long as it takes us to do the conversion?

Mike Maxwell
CASL/ U MD

Bjoern Hoehrmann

Try <https://msv.dev.java.net/>.