convert a GET to a POST before output to php

JRough

I have a Filemaker desktop application that sends a string of
serialized addresses as a GET parameter to a google map
(googlemap.php). There are some reasons I need to convert the GET to
a POST, one of which is there are sometimes 200 separate addresses and
in IE there is a limit. So I designed this local HTML page as a proxy
of sorts to convert the GET to a POST before sending it to the
googelmap.php page to display as addresses on google map. I copied
a Javascript routine from the web that parses the addresses and
assigns it to a variable (pgformproxy.js) . I'm not getting some
output so can someone tell me how to debug this before posting it to
php or if I'm going in the right direction? I don't know if I called
the function right or if the page post is right. Thanks very much,
Janis

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitonal.dtd">
<head>
<title>HTTP Proxy Convert Get to Post</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="pgformproxy.js"></script>
</head>

pgpost_url = file://localhost/Users/jlrough/Sites/workspace/soliant/googlemap.php">

<form name = "pgform_post" method="post" action=pgpost_url>
<TEXTAREA NAME=Address rows="10" cols="10">
value = addrList
</TEXTAREA>
<input
type="hidden"
name = "PagePost"
value ="">
</form>

--------pgformproxy.js-------
function getURLParam(strParamName){
var strReturn = "";
var strHref = window.location.href;
if ( strHref.indexOf("?") > -1 ){
var strQueryString = strHref.substr(strHref.indexOf
("?")).toLowerCase();
var aQueryString = strQueryString.split("&");
for ( var iParam = 0; iParam < aQueryString.length; iParam++ ){
if (
aQueryString[iParam].indexOf(strParamName.toLowerCase() + "=") > -1 ){
var aParam = aQueryString[iParam].split("=");
strReturn = aParam[1];
break;
return unescape(strReturn);

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

JRough said:
I have a Filemaker desktop application that sends a string of
serialized addresses as a GET parameter to a google map
(googlemap.php). There are some reasons I need to convert the GET to
a POST, one of which is there are sometimes 200 separate addresses and
in IE there is a limit. So I designed this local HTML page as a proxy
of sorts to convert the GET to a POST before sending it to the
googelmap.php page to display as addresses on google map. I copied
a Javascript routine from the web that parses the addresses and
assigns it to a variable (pgformproxy.js) . I'm not getting some
output [...]

This might be related to your "HTML" not being Valid.

<http://validator.w3.org/>

PointedEars