converting wiki markup to html (or xml)

Tim Parkin

I'm trying to convert fragments of wiki markup into fragments of html
(specifically using moinmoin markup). I've managed to do this with
MoinMoin but I've had to create a data directory, config file and
underlay. Does anybody know if there a sane way of doing this without
the extra baggage?

Tim Parkin

Jarek Zgoda

Tim Parkin napisa³(a):
I'm trying to convert fragments of wiki markup into fragments of html
(specifically using moinmoin markup). I've managed to do this with
MoinMoin but I've had to create a data directory, config file and
underlay. Does anybody know if there a sane way of doing this without
the extra baggage?

If you consider docutils, markdown or textile (or whatever markup your
Wiki uses) an "extra baggage", then answer is "no".

Tim Parkin

Jarek said:
Tim Parkin napisa�(a):

If you consider docutils, markdown or textile (or whatever markup your
Wiki uses) an "extra baggage", then answer is "no".

The extra baggage I was referring to was the config files, data
directory, underlay, requestCLI, etc.

I've looked in vain for a way to do this
from MoinMoin import moinToHtml

moinFormattedText ="""
== Some Moin Formatted Text ==

Para One

Para Two
"""
html = moinToHtml(moinFormattedText)

<<<

I could even live with passing some extra parameters to moinToHtml in
order to configure it. I could even live with having to use StringIO to
convince it it's writing to files if necessary. Having to install a wiki
in order to do this seems excessive.

If anybody has done something similar I'd love to know.

Tim Parkin