cookie dbi based authentication

joe

Hello I am currently using dbi authentication on my apache server to
query a table in my sql server for user/password information. Is there
a way to convert this authentication to cookie based authentication or
change the look and feel of the username/password window? thanks.

A. Sinan Unur

Hello I am currently using dbi authentication on my apache server to
query a table in my sql server for user/password information. Is there
a way to convert this authentication to cookie based authentication or
change the look and feel of the username/password window? thanks.

I am sure we would all love to know how this is a topical question for this
group.

Sinan

Mark Clements

A. Sinan Unur said:
I am sure we would all love to know how this is a topical question for this
group.

He has mentioned DBI, so presumably Perl is used somewhere along the
line. It takes a considerable amount of experience to judge where all
the demarcation lines between different components of a system are. It
isn't particulary helpful being snide when someone asking for help
misdetermines which group to which to post a question.

To the OP: this is more of an Apache configuration question than
anything else and thus should be asked in an appriopriate group, but
take a look at

http://www.modperl.com/book/chapters/ch6.html

Mark

A. Sinan Unur

He has mentioned DBI, so presumably Perl is used somewhere along the
line. It takes a considerable amount of experience to judge where all
the demarcation lines between different components of a system are. It
isn't particulary helpful being snide when someone asking for help
misdetermines which group to which to post a question.

To the OP: this is more of an Apache configuration question than
anything else and thus should be asked in an appriopriate group, but
take a look at

http://www.modperl.com/book/chapters/ch6.html

All very true, and I apologize if I jumped the gun but my gut feeling is
that his question is about changing what browsers display and how they
respond upon encountering an "Authorization Required" header. I might be
wrong.

Sinan

xhoster

joe said:
Hello I am currently using dbi authentication on my apache server to
query a table in my sql server for user/password information.

Of "dbi authorization" is a description of something in the Apache server,
then this is the wrong group to take it to. While Apache and Perl are
sometimes used together, they are not particularly related. On the other
hand, if "dbi authorization" is a description of something in Perl, than it
is too vague. That search string brings up several different modules in
CPAN. What specific module or specific code are you using?
Is there
a way to convert this authentication to cookie based authentication or
change the look and feel of the username/password window? thanks.

Cookies are a mechanism for communicating between server and the
client/browser. DBI is a way to communicate between a server and itself
(or an affiliated other server) I don't see how these things could be
interchangeable.

Xho

this fact.

joe

Thanks Guys, I thought it could be a little bet of topic but I tried
because I thought if someone would know would be this group.