Cookieless Forms Authentication

Oscar Thornell

Hi,

By setting the property "cookieless" (it can take 4 different values...) in
the web.config you could control weather an application relies upon cookies
or uses the querystring...

My problem is that I would like to do this dynamically and check for some
items (specific to my context/app) and based upon that switch between
cookies(no cookies) for that session... (This is a mobile/3G/GRPS web app
and some proxies on the cell networks eat cookies...)

Has anyone done that?

Regards
/Oscar

Brock Allen

In ASP.NET 2.0 you can set the value to "AutoDetect" or "UseDeviceProfile".
AutoDetect will detect for that user is cookies are enabled, UseDeviceProfile
will use cookies/cookieless based upon the device type as configured in .browser
files.