Could Not Load Type Parse Error

Brite

Ok, i've spent almost 2 full days trying to get this to work. I've
rebuilt the crap out of this project, namespaces are the same, myuser,
ASPNET user, and everyone else has full permissions to the ladder to my
project, the .net framework dlls, and iis. I've uninstalled and
reinstalled IIS, ASP.NET, and VS.NET2003, run aspnet_iisreg.exe -i, and
everything else i've come across.

I am simply trying to create and run a default C# web application from
my machine where the files are on a network share. I've set up
Frontpage Extensions to allow VS.NET2003 to save to the network share.
I get WebForm1 and Global, double check namespaces are the same. Both
Inherits are the same. Machine.config is set to SYSTEM and
AutoGenerate. I can run anything else from this setup but not webapps.

Only thing I can think that is affecting this in some wierd way is that
the network share is a domain controller. I've set all the permissions
to allow everyone, myself, ASPNET, i've reset my computers ASPNET and
the active directory ASPNET to have the same password, I've tried
changing the behind codes to srcs with no avail.

Domain Controller is Server 2000
My comp is XP
No firewalls, all updates.

Please ANY assistance or suggestion is GLADLY welcome. I'm fresh out
of ideas.

Bryan

Brite

Oh yes, i've set up the virtual directory on IIS as an application, not
as an application, the children as application, both... etc etc.. i've
also moved the .dll around to all the different directories, the
localhost root, blah blah

Bruce Barker

by default the asp.net worker procesess (and the isapi filter) do not have
access to a network share. to get the filter to run, you must give iis a
login to use to access the share (you probably did this). now you have to
get the asp.net worker process to run under a domain account with network
permissions (see machine.config). local accounts cannot access network
shares, unless you create a local account on the share with the same
password.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)