Could VC6 be integrated with gcc, and if so,how to do it?

Bruce Sam

I have used Dev-Cpp and VC6.0 before.I found gcc is better than
VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't
not catch on VC6.0.So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a
compiler?If so,how to do it and make gcc work well with VC6.0?

Merrill & Michele

Bruce Sam said:
I have used Dev-Cpp and VC6.0 before.I found gcc is better than
VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't
not catch on VC6.0.So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a
compiler?If so,how to do it and make gcc work well with VC6.0?

I'd like to find a place where such questions are discussed, but I get the
distinct impression that this is not it. Don your asbestos suit. MPJ

Spacen Jasset

Bruce Sam said:
I have used Dev-Cpp and VC6.0 before.I found gcc is better than
VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't
not catch on VC6.0.So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a
compiler?If so,how to do it and make gcc work well with VC6.0?

This isn't the place to ask no. It's C only here. You could try the Visual
C++ 2005 express beta ( which includes version 7, I think of the C compiler
which might support -- I think it supports C99 but check first), which is
free for download ( several hundred meg ) or get it on a CD from Microsoft.

Randy Howard

I have used Dev-Cpp and VC6.0 before.

Join the Club.
I found gcc is better than VC6.0 considering supporting to C99.

Neither supports it fully, but gcc is probably closer overall, yes.
Note: Just because gcc has a -std=c99 option, doesn't mean it is
C99 compliant (or insert favorite language-lawyer term for same).
And the feature of Dev-Cpp can't not catch on VC6.0.

I'm not sure I parsed that correctly, but if you're saying you don't
like the Dev-cpp GUI, I tend to agree. You might consider
investigating MinGW instead, similar approach, slightly better
implementation IMHO.
So I think can VC6.0 be integrated GCC as a compiler?

I doubt it, if you really want to know, hope somebody over in
comp.os.ms-windows.programming or a similar group knows how.