Create a new JSF component by combining multiple existing components

changzhouwang

It seems that JSF (Java Server Faces) enable a server-side Swing-like
programming , even though we do not have as many powerful standard
components yet (myfaces is dooing a good job towards that :).

However, is it possible to create a composite JSF component which
itself reuse other components (like a wizard that uses buttons and
lists and tables etc.)? From my very limited understanding of JSF, one
needs to create the encode and decode methods for each component, but
it seems to be very difficult to reuse such methods of the included
components, if possible.

Any comments?

Thanks,
czw