Creating custom icon shortcut to my website

Greg Fyans

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could allow a user to download a
shortcut to my website, but with a custom icon?

I can create a shortcut no problem, but I can't see any way of using my own
icon.

Thanks.

Greg.

PeterMcC

Greg said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could allow a user to
download a shortcut to my website, but with a custom icon?

I can create a shortcut no problem, but I can't see any way of using
my own icon.

Not sure about downloading shortcuts but, if you want a little icon to
appear when someone marks your site in their favourites/bookmarks list, this
may be what you mean.
www.favicon.com

Dan

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:49:19 +0000, Greg Fyans
| I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could allow a user to download a
| shortcut to my website, but with a custom icon?

At least for Windows, you would need to run a program or some kind of
script to set a shortcut. There are a couple of solutions out there
(see the "click here" link at http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_me.html
about half-way down the page for an example). Not sure whether that is
what you are describing, though.

- return address is altered slightly to reduce spam.