Creating Excel data directly to OutputStream

Son KwonNam

I use JExcel for creating excel workbook.
But when the excel data is very big, I got Out of memory error, Because
JExcel always save all the data in memory then, write to stream.

I know about -Xmx, -Xms, but some times I need to create a lot huge data
which needs more than 1 GB... and the data does not need formatting.
Also when I create 5th row, I do not need to go back to 4th row and
modify the cells on the 4th row.

As I know, POI is also does the same what JExcel does.

Is there any Java Excel API which can write Excel data directly to
OutputStream, so it does not need much memory?

Regards,
KwonNam.

charles_n_may

Two alternatives quickly come to mind. Neither does exactly what you
want, but will make it so you can programmatically write files
available to Excel:

1) Write the data to a text file Excel can parse, such as one
containing an HTML table or CSV file. Then open it up in Excel.
2) Use an Excel JDBC driver (one is freely available with Windows if
you set up an odbc data source) and write directly to the workbook
using JDBC.