Creating web pages

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a question about website creation. I know that there are programs that create web pages automaticaly, like 100 a day. How to write a custom program like that, or even beter if you know someone who does that?

Reaction score
That can mean anything. The content isn't really something you can just generate automatically. Usually. I've seen plenty of pages that are clearly just Twitter bots or Reddit scrapers that turn specific posts or tags into a "listicle" that throws in an ad every three pixels. Generating actual pages is trivial. If you're not a coder, there are static page generators such as Hugo and Jekyll that can turn files written in Markdown (a simple, human-readable text file) into a full HTML page, wrapping each page's content in a theme. That also makes it trivial to re-generate every page if you change your theme. But, that still requires you to write the actual content and it doesn't really support dynamic content, like from a database. Those are often used for blogs and things like that.

Depends what you're after. Can you be more specific?

Reaction score
That can mean anything. The content isn't really something you can just generate automatically. Usually. I've seen plenty of pages that are clearly just Twitter bots or Reddit scrapers that turn specific posts or tags into a "listicle" that throws in an ad every three pixels. Generating actual pages is trivial. If you're not a coder, there are static page generators such as Hugo and Jekyll that can turn files written in Markdown (a simple, human-readable text file) into a full HTML page, wrapping each page's content in a theme. That also makes it trivial to re-generate every page if you change your theme. But, that still requires you to write the actual content and it doesn't really support dynamic content, like from a database. Those are often used for blogs and things like that.

Depends what you're after. Can you be more specific?
I need that the program would create a web page and in that page would be posted a text that I written already, but I created 10 texts and program has to pick only one at the time.

Reaction score
So, one page that would randomly select its content from a list of available text files? If you told me the end goal, it might be easier to narrow down the answer.

Reaction score
Basically, the end goal is to create multiple websites simultaneously, with different content on each website. Also another question, couldn't you just integrate AI written content? That would solve the content problem, and you wouldn't have scrape reddit or other social platforms.

Reaction score
In that case, I'd use the static site generators I mentioned earlier and write your content in Markdown. You can probably do multiple sites in one project, but, if not, you can definitely just have different folders for each and run a script to publish them all at once. Performance wouldn't be a problem either way. I know Hugo can process thousands of pages in under a second.

AI isn't the magic wand they make it out to be, especially on commodity hardware. I've seen some make passable English nonsense, but it wouldn't be engaging content generating any kind of click through. You really need a person who understands the audience. Software and AI can help, but they won't do the job on their own.

Reaction score
Thanks for directing me to the right way and telling me about HUGO. I have a few questions in mind. Do you know if HUGO can opperate with gpt-3 or any other software work with open AI API?

Reaction score
They don't really need to work with it directly. You could use GPT-3 to create your Markdown files for each page. You might need to add some text to the top of each to help Hugo/whatever process the file, but they don't need to interact directly. Just script the AI to make simple text files and tell your static page generator to wrap that in your theme and such.

Ask a Question