Crystal solution

cooper

Tbean said:
I have created a report that programatically receives parameters, but
as soon as I try to export or print it I get the error "Missing
parameter field current value". I found SP1 and SP 2 on the crystal
site (SP2 is suppose to fix this problem, ADAPT00134819), and applied
them.

The report runs and displays just fine using the parameters but I am
still getting the same error when I try to export it to pdf.
Obviously, I am still missing something.

I am using CR.Net with Net 1.0 and hitting an Oracle view with oledb ..
The database is on a separate server.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You should be sure that your parameter values are being set every time
you reload the page. To do that I usually like to set session vars on
the button click then set the parameter values in the Page Load. If
you just set them with the button click, the values will disappear when
you page results or export.

To make things easier on yourself in the future, bind the report to an
ADO.NET Dataset. That way you can do any filters or deal with any
parameters using ADO.NET BEFORE you bind to Crystal. The less you have
to use Crystal's object model, the better off you'l be in the long run.
HTH,
Charles