css and internet explorer

nicolacantalupo

ho il seguente css solo che internet explorer
non valuta le ultime tre righe!
come aggirare il problema e soprattutto a cosa è dovuto?
/* tabella corsi */
.tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}
.tab_corsi td{border:0px}
.tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
.tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}
.tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}

nicolacantalupo

I have this css:
/* table corsi */
..tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}
..tab_corsi td{border:0px}
..tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
..tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}
..tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}

internet explorer is not compatible whit last 3 rows!
solution?

rf

nicolacantalupo said:
I have this css:
/* table corsi */
.tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}
.tab_corsi td{border:0px}
.tab_corsi td:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}
.tab_corsi td+td:hover{background:#444;color:white}
.tab_corsi tr:first-child{background:#444;color:#F06}

internet explorer is not compatible whit last 3 rows!
solution?

None. Those selectors are not supported by IE.

Jonathan N. Little

nicolacantalupo said:
solution?
thanks for the tip
by

Make a specific class
Use JavaScript to attach a onmouseover event or HTC with IE's
proprietary behavior() CSS property
Make a specific class

Yes, IE's meager CSS support is a pain...

GTalbot

GTalbot

Make a specific class

Use JavaScript to attach a onmouseover event or HTC with IE's
proprietary behavior() CSS property

Make a specific class

Yes, IE's meager CSS support is a pain...

"
Finally, we added new features from CSS2.1:
* Selectors: first-child, adjacent, attribute,
"

Details on our CSS changes for IE7

To Nico,

IE6 is now considered an old and buggy browser. Most people now switch
to Firefox 2 (Firefox 3 will be released in February 2008, in Italian
too) or to Opera 9.50 or to Safari 3.

.tab_corsi{font-size:12px;border:0px}

I advise you to avoid setting font-size to px unit and to small font
size. I have my minimum font size set to 13px and 12px may be small
for over 40 years old people.

"
1. Legibility Problems
Bad fonts won the vote by a landslide, getting almost twice as many
votes as the #2 mistake. About two-thirds of the voters complained
about small font sizes or frozen font sizes;
"
Top Ten Web Design Mistakes of 2005
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html

Font size should be ideally in relative unit like %, not in pixels.
"
Do not specify the font-size in pt, or other absolute length units
(like px) for screen stylesheets. They render inconsistently across
platforms and can't be resized by the User Agent (e.g browser). Keep
the usage of such units for styling on media with fixed and known
physical properties (e.g print).
Use relative length units such as percent
"
W3C Quality Assurance tip for webmasters:
Care With Font Size
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/font-size

Also
http://k75s.home.att.net/fontsize.html by Beauregard T. Shagnasty
is worth reading and is often mentionned in this newsgroup.

Regards, Gérard

Jonathan N. Little

GTalbot said:
"
Finally, we added new features from CSS2.1:
* Selectors: first-child, adjacent, attribute,
"

Details on our CSS changes for IE7

Ah yes, but guess what OP's version of IE was?

SV1; .NET

And wouldn't have been nice if they had also implemented many of the
other CSS2.1 properties they lack, and without "features" as you have
pointed out

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/
Bugs in MSIE 7 for Windows

Gee you're up to a 100! Woot, woot!

GTalbot

internet explorer is not compatible whit last 3 rows!
solution?

Le ragioni di Internet Explorer by Gabriele Romanato
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/articoli/ragioni-ie/index.html

http://www.css-zibaldone.com/articoli.html

End 6!
Make the Net a happier place
http://www.end6.org/

Why do you keep using IE6?
http://www.quimble.com/poll/view/5744

Is it OK to stop supporting Internet Explorer 6?
http://www.milienzo.com/2007/08/06/is-it-ok-to-stop-supporting-internet-explorer-6/

Why do we bother with IE?
http://blog.patspam.com/2007/10/18/why-do-we-bother-with-ie/

Internet Explorer 6 Gripes
http://www.computergripes.com/IE6.html
Bugs, bugs, bugs
http://www.computergripes.com/IE6.html#Latest Bugs

Internet Explorer can make your computer unsafe. Why not switch to a
browser that's more secure?
http://browsehappy.com/

Regards, Gérard