    larger.

    both using ie.

    any explanation?

    ppcguy, Aug 27, 2005

  2. ...but is 10% smaller than my default size. You should write your pages
    for your visitors, not for yourself.
    I'd bet that the two IE's are set at different user prefs. One might
    be "Medium" and the other "Smaller" on the text size menu.

    Set your font to 100% (instead of em, which IE sometimes has a problem
    displaying correctly), and then adjust your own text size to what you
    like, and I'll do the same.

    URL?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 27, 2005

  3. IE has a problem with .em specified font-sizes, making them either gigantic
    or tiny when resized. To avoid this problem, and achieve the effect you were
    looking for, use font-size: 90%; as opposed to font-size: .9em;

    Hope that helps,

    Phil Thompson
    http://www.doubleonegative.com

    Phil Thompson, Aug 28, 2005
  4. But not for default text size, please. If you're not happy with the size
    of default text on your browser, adjust your browser, not your web page.

    Alan J. Flavell, Aug 28, 2005
  5. ppcguy

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, ppcguy quothed:
    The laptop becomes aroused when you play with its fonts.

    Neredbojias, Aug 28, 2005