Css in theme not applying in VS2005

MattC

Hi,

I'm running a trial version of VS2005 (8.0.50727.762) and have created a Web
Application (after applying the update to allow 1.1 style web apps) project.
I have added an App_Themes folder in which is location Default.css.

My is a simple LoginView control contained within a MasterPage Content
Control.

The Master Page in the following:

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="MainTestArea" runat="server">
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</form>

and my default.css is

#masterHeader
{
width: 100%;
height: 50px;
font-family:'Verdana';
font-size:20px;
color:#eeeeee;
background-color: Gray;
}

When I run the website using the inbuild webserver to VS2005 it doesn't
apply my CSS theme. If I go to internet explorer and type localhost direct
then my css style is applied correctly?

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

MattC

Phil H

[...]

In order for a theme to be applied you need to do two things.
(1) create a subfolder beneath the app_themes directory (the wizard
names it theme1 by default) which signifies the name of the theme and
place CSS or SKIN files in there.
(2) Insert an attribute to apply the theme in one of two places:
(a) in the @ page directive of an individual page or
(b) in the <pages> tag of web.config for site-wide application.
The attribute takes the form 'Theme=' followed by the theme name

HTH