CSS problem - no borders showing

richard

All I want to do is put a border around a ul li istem and it ain't
happening. I tried what I want to do using the w3 schools examples and it
works there just fine.

what am I missing?

ul {margin:0; padding:0;}
ul li {list-style-type:none; display:inline-block;}

#holder {width:1200px;}
.wrap {margin-bottom:20px; display:block;}
.box1 {width:1200px; height:100px; background-color:#cfc;}
.box2 (width:1200px; height:600px; overflow:auto;}

.aa {width:1in; height:1in; border:solid 1px black;}

<h3>1960</h3>
<ul>

</ul>

BootNic

richard said:
All I want to do is put a border around a ul li istem and it ain't
happening. I tried what I want to do using the w3 schools examples and it
works there just fine.
what am I missing?

valid css

[snip]
.box2 (width:1200px; height:600px; overflow:auto;}
.box2 {

[snip]

--
BootNic Wed Nov 13, 2013 07:33 pm
Behind every successful woman...is a basket of dirty laundry.

richard

richard said:
All I want to do is put a border around a ul li istem and it ain't
happening. I tried what I want to do using the w3 schools examples and it
works there just fine.
what am I missing?

valid css

[snip]
.box2 (width:1200px; height:600px; overflow:auto;}
.box2 {

[snip]

thanks. that's the one thing I don't like about notepad++
{ and( are not easy to tell apart.

Now how do I get the items to display at the bottom of the division?
Right now they show about 25 pixels above the bottom border,

dorayme

richard said:
richard said:
All I want to do is put a border around a ul li istem and it ain't
happening. I tried what I want to do using the w3 schools examples and it
works there just fine.
what am I missing?

valid css

[snip]
.box2 (width:1200px; height:600px; overflow:auto;}
.box2 {

[snip]

thanks. that's the one thing I don't like about notepad++
{ and( are not easy to tell apart.

You mean like Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger in Twins?

See what happens to your markup when a user changes his or her
preferred text size for reading. Consider again the advisability of
using in's along with px's elsewhere, (don't try miles on this
occasion).

Consider classing the UL rather than repeated classing of LIs, then
get what you want in the CSS by .class li {...}

BootNic

richard said:
All I want to do is put a border around a ul li istem and it ain't
happening. I tried what I want to do using the w3 schools examples and
it works there just fine.
what am I missing?
valid css
[snip]
.box2 (width:1200px; height:600px; overflow:auto;}
.box2 {
[snip]
thanks. that's the one thing I don't like about notepad++
{ and( are not easy to tell apart.

Notepad++ change the font-size much like most browsers do. Ctrl +
mouse scroll or Ctrl + [+-]
Now how do I get the items to display at the bottom of the division?
Right now they show about 25 pixels above the bottom border,

No ideal of what you are referring to.

--
BootNic Thu Nov 14, 2013 07:01 am
Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to