CSS,style select drop down in form

CitizenX

I am having a bit of a problem that annoys me, it annoys me because I don't
know the answer.

I do not like the look of the plain old form entry buttons, changing them
to match the site makes the whole thing look great but I cannot change the
little arrow/button in drop down select menus (eg,
<select>
<option>options 1</option>
<option>options 2</option>
</select>
)
could someone please point me towards the right tutorial or show me how
they have acooplished this simple feat?

N8

Matt Probert

I am having a bit of a problem that annoys me, it annoys me because I don't
know the answer.

I do not like the look of the plain old form entry buttons, changing them
to match the site makes the whole thing look great but I cannot change the
little arrow/button in drop down select menus (eg,
<select>
<option>options 1</option>
<option>options 2</option>
</select>
)
could someone please point me towards the right tutorial or show me how
they have acooplished this simple feat?

You use a different browser.....

<g>

Matt

Toby A Inkster

CitizenX said:
I do not like the look of the plain old form entry buttons, changing them
to match the site makes the whole thing look great but I cannot change the
little arrow/button in drop down select menus

Download Opera <http://www.opera.com/> and design a skin for it that has
drop-down arrows that look exactly how you want them.

CitizenX

(e-mail address removed) (Matt Probert) wrote in
You use a different browser.....

<g>

Matt

Perhaps I was not clear, I am preparing a site that *will look the same
on a cross browser intranet, using a "different browser" is exactly what
all of the viewers will be doing. The use of CSS to modify the look of
all elements and assistance in that usage is what I was requesting.

Stupid answers waste bandwidth and bring bad karma

(*within reason)

N8

GreyWyvern

Perhaps I was not clear, I am preparing a site that *will look the same
on a cross browser intranet, using a "different browser" is exactly what
all of the viewers will be doing. The use of CSS to modify the look of
all elements and assistance in that usage is what I was requesting.

The answer: you don't do that. Styling of form elements has always been
quirky at best, even in the newest browsers.
Stupid answers waste bandwidth and bring bad karma

The answer Matt gave was probably the best one you're going to get.

Grey

William Tasso

GreyWyvern said:
On 18 May 2004 15:58:37 GMT, CitizenX <list_serve@No_hotmail-SPAM.com>
wrote:

The answer Matt gave was probably the best one you're going to get.

.... and they bring a little joy into the sad lives of those of us with more
bandwidth than sense.