Curses - how can I print the VT100 symbols such as ACS_DIAMOND andACS_BULLET

Grehom

I am writing a application using the Curses module, and it's all
working nicely but I would like to be able to print some of the VT100
symbols such as ACS_DIAMOND and ACS_BULLET (as defined in /usr/
include/curses.h) to the screen, can anyone help. Example of the code
I have tried is:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Readonly;

use Curses;

Readonly my $NULL => q{};

initscr();
addstr(2, 2,"string ");
addstr(2, 9, ACS_DIAMOND);

refresh();
getch();

endwin();

But all it does is print a number 'string 4194400', thanks