Custom controls in a Formview

VictorH

I have a custom control in a Formview. This custom control consists of a
textbox, a label and some code-behind. The code behind generates a codenumber
in the label based on a database and the entry in the textbox. Everything
works fine. I bind with two properties the textbox and the label text to a
datasource and technically it all works.
But (there is always a but), the Form view does not update the record on the
first click on Update (Image button with tha appropiate commandname). The
second click works. This only happens when the textbox is changed. As if the
first save click takes the focus out of the textbox (although the cursor) is
still there.

Is this some small property or trick that I'm overlooking?
Victor Heijke
Microsoft Certified Professional
Software architect at Flores Automatisering
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
http://www.flores.nl

Mark Nelson

Please check events correpsonding to event click is firing for every first
time you clikc the image