Custom controls in a Formview

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by VictorH, Feb 20, 2007.

  1. VictorH

    VictorH Guest

    I have a custom control in a Formview. This custom control consists of a
    textbox, a label and some code-behind. The code behind generates a codenumber
    in the label based on a database and the entry in the textbox. Everything
    works fine. I bind with two properties the textbox and the label text to a
    datasource and technically it all works.
    But (there is always a but), the Form view does not update the record on the
    first click on Update (Image button with tha appropiate commandname). The
    second click works. This only happens when the textbox is changed. As if the
    first save click takes the focus out of the textbox (although the cursor) is
    still there.

    Is this some small property or trick that I'm overlooking?
    Victor Heijke
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Software architect at Flores Automatisering
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    http://www.flores.nl

    VictorH, Feb 20, 2007

  2. VictorH

    Mark Nelson Guest

    Please check events correpsonding to event click is firing for every first
    time you clikc the image

    Mark Nelson, Feb 22, 2007