FormView Custom Binding help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by odeddror, Sep 7, 2010.

  1. odeddror

    odeddror Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm using VWD 2010 ASP.NET 4.0 and SQL Server 2008
    Also I have login page with the ASP.NET configuration

    one of my page has FormView with Update feature

    Evryting works fine user login go to my FormView page and update the record.

    Now I created a simple function

    Protected Function GetUserName() As String
    Return User.Identity.Name
    End Function

    and one of my coloumn call EditedBy

    I replaced the Bind("EditedBy") field binding with

    Custom binding GetUserName()

    When user update it show the current user login name on the screen
    But it won't show in the table itself (it show null value when i do select
    statement)

    I used to do this with ASP.NET 2.0 with no problem?

    How do I fix that?

    Thanks,
    Oded Dror

    odeddror, Sep 7, 2010