FormView binding to boolean property

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Richter, Nov 23, 2008.

  1. working from Dino Esposito's book on asp.net 3.5, he has a great example of a
    FormView binding to the selected row of a GridView.

    my "GetVendor" method returns a class that contains Vendor properties. One
    of the properties is a boolean that indicates if the drop ship vendor is
    currently shipping the items in a catalog.

    How do I bind that boolean property to a RadioButton or RadioButtonList with
    a "yes" button and a "no" button? The first problem is getting the "no"
    button to be on when the boolean is false. My class has an "IsShipping"
    property. I created a 2nd property called "IsNotShipping" that the "no"
    button binds to. Is there a better way?

    thanks,

    <asp:ObjectDataSource id="RowDataSource" runat="server"
    SelectMethod="GetVendor" TypeName="Data_Vendors" >
    <SelectParameters>
    <asp:ControlParameter Name="FactCode" ControlID="GridView2"
    PropertyName="SelectedValue" />
    </SelectParameters>
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>

    <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server"
    DataKeyNames="FactCode" DataSourceID="RowDataSource" >

    <ItemTemplate>

    <b>Is shipping</b>

    <asp:RadioButton ID="shippingYes" GroupName="IsShip" Text="Yes"
    Checked='<%# Bind("IsShipping") %>' runat="server"/>
    <asp:RadioButton ID="shippingNo" GroupName="IsShip" Text="No"
    Checked='<%# Bind("IsNotShipping") %>' runat="server"/>

    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:FormView>

    Steve Richter, Nov 23, 2008