Custom formatting of FormView

boomhauer

Hi,

Im using a lot of formview's in my asp.net app, and it gets a bit
frustrating to tie a datasource to the formview and have it generate
the labels and fields for the datasource, to only then have to go
hand-edit eveything to arrange the fields how I want them.

Ive poked around in the formview to see if there is a way to overrid
the default template rendering, but no luck so far.

Any recommendations on how i could go about doing this? For instance,
Id like to be able to create a new FormView, tie it to a datasource,
and have it generate the field names and bound field values in a
multi-column tabular layout, or in whatever layout i desire, instead of
the default clumped together fields. ie, a template for creating the
formview templates!

Thanks,

Brady