Custom Forms Question (Drop down menus that know what is selected)

VastFear

Greetings-

Hard one to explain here:

I am doing a custom form for a client but not sure how to tell the code to
do it!

- They want a drop down menu that has a series of selections.
- They have another drop down menu that needs to show series of selections
'based on' what is selected in the first menu.

For example:
- Say I have a drop down menu that has: Atari/Playstation in menu
- Second menu has list of games: River Raid/Pitfall/Resident Evil

If I choose Atari in the first menu I want the second menu to only show
River Raid/Pitfall (Resident Evil is not an Atari game). Or if I chose
Playstation the second menu would only contain Resident Evil) etc.

(Theirs is based on parts for a race car only certain parts can go with
other parts)

I assume there's a java script that tells it to compare or ASP or something.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Erik

(This is the site: www.howeracing.com)

Hywel Jenkins

VastFear said:
[...]

http://developer.irt.org/script/form.htm#4

Richard

VastFear wrote:>>
[...]

What you need is a multilevel menu array.
menuitem[0] as you know is single level.
menuitem[0,0] is a two level array.
menuitem[0,0,0] is three.

The trick is, keeping all the items lined up so that menu 1 directs the
proper response to menu 2 and so on.
I've only seen a few sites use this feature.
Another problem is, will it work in all browsers? Maybe not.
You probably should look for a cgi script that does it.