Custom Membership Provider - AD AND SQL

admin

Hello,
I am new here, but I would appreciate some help...

I need to have a login that checks against the AD, and if that fails,
checks against a separate database.

The reason is that we want all members of the organization to get it
with their current credentials in AD, and people outside the
organization to register.

I realize that that what i need is a custom provider - Can someone
point me in the right direction?
I really appreciate it!

MikeS

If this is so LAN users can get into a forms auth site, you may set up
another vdir, with the same machineKey as the forms auth site, set in
IIS for integrated auth, and in the deafult.aspx there do a
SetAuthCookie and Redirect to the forms auth site.