Custom Membership Provider with our own SQL Server 2005 table

Paul

First off, let me say I'm a total newbie to ASP.NET 2.0 and VS2005... I've
been playing with the Login control - would like to use it against an
existing table we have in a SQL Server 2005 database, with a username and
password field stored in the clear. I really need something very simple -
have the Login control check the username and password against our table,
and direct them to the proper URL. I don't need the lost password
functionality, or the new user wizard functionality, and probably not the
change password functionality either.

Is there a way to customize the existing SqlMembershipProvider slightly,
instead of writing a complete custom membership provider from scratch?

Does the Login control break if one is not using the schemas created by
aspnet_regsql.exe ?

-- Paul